I love many aspects of technology and the web. I consider myself to be somewhere between a technologist (developer/engineer) and a designer. I love making intuitive web-based client interactions that look great and function properly across many browsers and devices. I care about performance as much as I do about design, usability, and up-and-coming technologies. My code is always pixel-perfect.
- + HTML5
+ CSS3 *
- + Git & CLI chops
- + Troubleshooting
- + Responsive Web Design
- + Wireframing & Prototyping
- + Visual Design
- + Cross-browser compatibility
- + Communication & Liaison
Frontend Developer - Product Page Dev @ Overstock.com
October 2015 - Present
- Product Page Dev Team:
- - Currently handling new feature implementation, A/B Tests, and squishing bugs on product pages.
- - Work on a full-stack NodeJS, Express, React mobile app as well as various client-side repo's.
- - Involved in the design process of product with UX and Product teammates.
- - Lead and build tools for our Front-end workflow. Most recently implementing ES6 and ReactJS tooling to our repo.
- - Create reusable React components and NPM modules that are used by teams across Overstock.com.
- Previous Teams: ShopEx Dev, Production Marketing Dev.
Freelance Developer and Designer @ Damir Hara Design
March 2013 - Present
- - I help companies/clients build websites and web apps from scratch or by jumping in the middle of the project. I've worked on everything from simple one-page static websites to full web apps built in AngularJS.
- Clients Include: Infowrap.com, Cottonwood Electric, TheChapelMotorcycleShop.com.
Front End Developer - Production @ Overstock.com
October 2014 - October 2015
- Production Web Team:
- - Working directly with Marketing, Product, and Back-end teams on various projects concerning the
homepage of Overstock.com.
- - Handle initial front-end development, support and maintenance for Overstock.com microsites, homepage
content, and promotional email/content/pages.
- - Take part in QA and on-call when needed.
Integration Specialist/eCommerce Coordinator @ Experticity
December 2012 - October 2014
- - Work with clients, Project Managers and Account Coordinators to handle builds, updates, integration, and
technical support on 3point5.com and Promotive.com stores by creating pipe delimited files using Excel.
- - Handle multiple technical e-commerce projects with clients alongside PM's and AM's through the staging
phase into production.
- - Communicate with client from the kick-off call through the completion of project, if needed.
- - Manage workflow through JIRA, create tickets as needed and assign to appropriate individuals.
- - Work with Software Engineers to develop more efficient tools. Test and implement them into workflow.
- - Work with technologies and programs such as: HTML, inline CSS, MySQL, XML, EDI, Photoshop, Excel,
- - Help improve different process within the team by writing Wiki articles, creating JIRA tickets for Dev, and
proposing changes to management.
- Clients include: Zeal Optics, yurbuds, Stan's No Tubes, Carhartt, ArmourBite, One Industries, etc.
Senior Technical iOS Advisor @ Apple
November 2011 - December 2012
- - Handled escalated technical and managerial cases for iOS software equipped devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod
- - Remotely worked on Windows XP, Vista, 7 and Mac OSX machines & associated software that would
potentially cause issues, reviewed the information with customers and educated them.
- - Handled and managed technical cases with the customer until a resolution is found, keep in contact for
months at a time.
- - Probed technical issues with customer and analyze data logs from devices using CRM technologies.
- - Escalated to engineering if additional help is needed, act as a liaison between the customer & engineering
(had to simplify tech terms for customer to understand).
- - Took consult’s from other departments via chat clients, phone or email on technical issues.
- - Acted as the voice of Apple, my decision is the final Apple decision, took over Supervisor/Manager seeking